I agree 100% with the 3.55 gear. My truck now is a Gmc 5.3 with a 3.77 gear. I get 18-20 with a combination city/hwy driving. Like one of the previous post stated it’s probab only 1 mpg between the 3.21/3.92. I live in Texas so it’s pretty flat but my towing trips are to Colorado and Utah so I’ll probably bite the bullet and go for the 3.92.
Positive and negative effects of internet essay
- Engine Hesitates, Stumbles, Lacks Normal Power The computer uses this information to determine how much fuel is needed to maintain the correct air/fuel mixture, and when extra fuel is needed if the throttle suddenly opens wide.
- Differential Gear Ratio. The gear ratio most interesting to 4x4 truck owners is the ratio between the driveshaft and axles - the differential gear ratio or axle gear ratio. It is controlled by the number of teeth on the ring vs. the pinion. A ratio of 4.56 means that as the axle turns one whole circle the driveshaft turns 4.56 circles.
I turned wrenches on a couple of dual plug Hemi Pro Stock cars back in the early 1970s. After changing 16 plugs I never volunteered to help out a girlfriend's uncle in the pits again. From AllPar.com: A small number of special twin-plug heads were produced for the 426 Hemi, long before Chrysler engineers started using dual plugs on the 5.7 Hemi.
- MARCH 2015-- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee vehicles manufactured September 17, 2010, to August 19, 2013, and equipped with a 3.6, 5.7 or 6.4 liter engine, and 2012-2013 Dodge Durango vehicles manufactured January 18, 2011, to August 19, 2013, and equipped with a 3.6 or 5.7 liter engine. In ...
2004 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi. engine stalls daily when stopping at red lights or stop signs. dealer has "flashed' the computer, but never helps. 2004 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.7 hemi.
- JK Hemi Builder Kit - Bill of Materials for 07-10 JK Using 5.7L or 6.1L Non-VVT. JK Hemi Builder Kit - Bill of Materials for 07-11 JK Using a 2011+ 5.7L VVT Engine. JK Hemi Builder Kit - Bill of Materials for 07-11 JK Using a 6.4L VVT Engine. AEV V8 Hemi Builder Kit 5.7L / 6.4L VVT Hemi for 2012+ JK Installation Guide
The new Hemi is a popular swap these days into offroad Jeeps for a big power increase over the stock engines available in them. There are also several places, including Mopar, that offer crate engine kits or wiring harnesses to swap in a new Hemi into an older vehicle like the assorted Mopar muscle cars from the '60s and '70s.
- Reg Cab 5.7 Hemi 4X4 with 3.21 & 3.55 Axle ratio, All Models and All lenghts of Boxes listed below. Dodge Ram Light Duty Trucks for towing boats, ATV's and trailers.
Meanwhile, the naturally aspirated (non-supercharged) 6.4-liter 392 HEMI V8 with its 485 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque has the following gear ratios: 2.97, 2.10, 1.46, 1.00, 0.74, 0.50:1 (this transmission is also installed behind the 5.7-liter HEMI V8 in Challenger R/T applications).
- Jul 03, 2008 · My '90 with 351pcm carby would idle and rev fine and stall out when put in gear: Short term I did the following: 1.) raised the idle set screw level (worked but putting into gear at high idle is probably hard on the tranny, didn't really address my problem)
2012 5.7 hemi charger. Keep getting random misfire code. Unplugged hypertech cleared code put 50 miles on car no code. Called hypertech sent it in and they sent me another. Came code. Called hypertech they said they didn't know and they would replace it again or for me to return for refund.
- All right I have a 2005 300c with 62,000 miles. Three days ago my wife was starting the car and it would start like normal then about two seconds later the engine would shut off. The car still had power as all the electronics still was fine. When the engine stalled it was like the key was...
Got the work parking lot, sat there in gear with my foot on the brake and watched - engine would rev & speedo would jump to 30, 50, and a few times it just went completely haywire and sailed over to 120. Put it in park, no idle problems whatsoever - idles quiet and smooth, no rev jumps. Put back into gear, and revved in reverse, neutral, and drive.